In the South West of England, we are rich in things to do, from historic and informative to wild and fun, we have it all. Our recommendations when visiting are;
- Cheddar Gorge – From the stunning stalactites in the caves to the beautiful surrounding 450ft cliffs, the natural beauty of Cheddar will take your breath away.
- Wookey Hole Caves and Attractions – This is a bit of fun for the kids, with their fun and informative walk around the caves and the attractions and games that will guarantee the kids will be occupied for hours.
- Wells – Known as the smallest city in the whole of Britain, this quaint little place holds a miasma of beautiful attractions. The Bishop’s Palace is a medieval wonder to behold. Wells Cathedral has the breath taking beauty one can only expect from an expertly crafted cathedral.
- The City of Bath – Boosting an array of culture, history and fun. A whistle stop tour in most definitely needed.
Don’t forget to pop up to the shear, jaw-dropping beauty of the Cotswolds is something you simply cannot miss out on during your journey through the South West of England. It is possibly the most beautiful part of the South in its own wonderful, natural way.
Along the way you must stop in at Westonbirt, The National Arboretum – If you want to get back into nature and experience her gifts. This glorious forest has many interesting and beautiful walks where you can explore the flora from all over the world. The STIHL tree top walkway is a magical experience well worth trying.
A day out in Wiltshire
- Stourhead Estate – a perfect family day out. Explore the glorious 18th Century landscape with lake side walks, grottoes and classical temples only touch the tip of this beautiful place.
- Stonehenge – Feast your eyes upon one of Britain’s most mysterious landmarks. This World Heritage site is shroud in mystery and wonder. The origin is still widely debated amongst historians. Oh a sight that cannot be missed!
- Longleat – Adventure zones, animal discovery and safari drive through, are just a few of the amazing activities this 900 acre landscape grounds have to offer.
Finish your trip with Cornwall
- Feeling like some beach and sea time is needed, Cornwall holds many beaches and seaside resorts including St Ives, Lusty Glaze beach, The Towans and many more luxurious beaches for you for put your feet up and soak up the sun, build a sand castle or take a dip in the sea. Keep an eye on your food, the sea gulls are pretty brazen, especially when it comes to their favorite, an original Cornish pasty.
- King Arthur’s Cornwall – Discover the mysterious and magical landscapes and walk in the trails of the legendary story of Kind Arthur.
- The Eden Project – A popular site housing some of the most beautiful and exotic flora you will ever see in the biomes where humidity and temperature is carefully monitored. A truly wondrous place to behold.